UNDER 10 RULES
NOTE: F.I.F.A. rules shall apply except as directed.
- There will be 2 x 25 minute halves, with a 5-minute break in between.
- Teams will play 7 aside (including the goalkeeper)
- Coaches will ENSURE that all players have the opportunity to participate and develop equally in all positions, including a minimum of 2 different goalies per game. NO goalie shall play more than 25 minutes per game.
- Any games that are canceled will be played at the same time and place on the following practice date. Games will take precedence over practices. The convener will be responsible for the decision of game cancellations. The convener will notify the coaches of any cancellations. If the convener is NOT present at the field during a game and lightning is seen, the referee is to call the game and report the score and time of game to the convener and the convener will decide if the game will be replayed.
- Substitutions can be made at a kick off, throw in or goal kick with referee’s permission.
- NO off sides in this division.
- All free kicks will be indirect including penalty kicks.
- A foul committed by a defending player inside the box will result in an indirect kick.
- A foul throw will be retaken after the referee explains what was wrong with the first attempt. If the second attempt is also foul, the other team will take the throw. Opposing players are to be 2 metres away.
- Although players frequently come in contact with each other, pushing or tripping, are NOT permitted. In addition, un-sportsman like behaviour such as yelling and kicking will result in an indirect kick being awarded to the opposing team.
- The referee will exercise discretion when calling a handball infraction especially when it is committed in a protective manner.
- The referee will refrain from penalizing in cases where the offending team may gain advantage.
- The entire ball must cross the line, before it is out of play or a goal is scored.
- NO person shall stand behind the goal line (end of the field).
If the referee fails to show up for the game the coaches are to agree on who is ref the game. They could ask a parent or one of the coaches, possibly each ref one half of the game. Please inform the referee scheduler of ANY referee that is absent.